What we may collect:
- Contact information including email address and postcode
- Other information relevant for specific research purposes.
What we do with the information we gather
- The information is collected so that we can have a better picture of the spread of those affected by asbestos diseases.
- We can also provide you with a better service.
- Send you specific information fitting in with your requirements
- Periodically we would like to send you email newsletters or other information which we think you may find of interest.
- We may use information provided by you to improve the AASC website
Links to other websites
We will be providing links to enable you to visit other websites easily. Once you have used these links and in effect have left the AASC website, we do not have any control over that external website. Therefore we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst on those sites. If you have concerns do check out the privacy statements of those sites.
AASC Website tracking
The AASC website is managed internally.
We do consult our traffic log to monitor which pages are been viewed. Information sent by a web sever to a web browser, and this is stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. Our website is managed through wordpress, statistical and other information is captured. The information generated through our website can be used to create reports about the use of the website.
This information can enable us to provide a better website service, by helping us to monitor which pages are found to be useful and which are not. The information we receive does not provide us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data which you choose to share with us.