- Currently UK mesothelioma is the highest worldwide.
- The latest Health and Safety projection suggests that about 1 in 170 of all British men born in 1940’s will die of mesothelioma.
- Asbestos related diseases is an issue for both men and women!
- Asia is heading for a surge in asbestos related diseases including mesothelioma.
- The annual death toll of those diagnosed with an asbestos related disease in Wales stands around 200 which is more than twice the number of people killed in road accidents.
- There is no cure for mesothelioma – it is a chest cancer which kills 1 person every 5 hours in the UK.
- Asbestos is the greatest cause of work related deaths in the UK.
- There is no ‘safe’ level of exposure to asbestos.
- There are no ‘safe’ types of asbestos – All asbestos is bad – Blue asbestos kills. White asbestos (chrysotile) kills.
Coroners times to improve
Mesothelioma Bill House of Lords 3rd reading
Asbestos Diseases Updates